- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Following the declaration of the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the last governorship election in Zamfara State, Dr. Bello Mohammed Matawalle, as winner of the polls, Gov. Yari while addressing a gathering of the APC at the Government House, Gusau said he will be accepting the verdict of the S’Court.
The Gov. said the party members and its supporters in the state have done everything possible to ensure APC did not loose Zamfara State but as Allah wanted, the party lost the state.
In a statement signed by Mal Ibrahim Dosara, Special Adviser to the governor on Public Enlightenment, Media and Communication, Yari said the members have also done their best in ensuring the viability and capability of the party to continue to hold on to power to provide more dividends of democracy to the people of the state, but as Allah wanted it, the Supreme Court judgement went the way it happened.
The governor then urged all members of the party as well as other citizens of the state to remain calm, peaceful and law abiding.
He also directed security agencies in the state to be more vigilant to ensure adequate protection of lives and property of the people in the state.