- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
- This is the letter that exposes misuse of power by Abba Kyari
- Picture Story: First Class Foundation School holds first inter-house sporting events
Anyone who has ever try to image the creation of google will tend to believe there are myths behind it. No wonder we have some sets of people claiming that Ifa (Divine oracle) is the one providing answers to all questions you use on google but this is very far from the truth.
In order to get the clear picture, one need to learn patent law and how to generate business idea. Also, we need to study the evolution of google. It is worthy of note to state here that a person born in 1994 is older than google. In fact, google is a company name created in 1997.
Google’s history began in 1995 when Larry Page met Sergey Brin. At the time Larry Page was a Ph.D. student at Standford University, and Sergey was considering studying there. In 1996 Larry and Sergey began work on a search engine called BackRub.
The name comes from the algorithms ranking for how many “back-links” a page has. This engine worked on the Stanford servers for more than a year which eventually clogged up the bandwidth. Google.com was registered on September 15th, 1997.
Google, is a play on words of “googol” which is a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. It is rumored that this reflects the founders’ mission to organize the infinite amount of information on the internet.