- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
It was an epoch making event last Friday, November 9, 2018 as the Badagry branch of The Muslim Congress kick-started its jumat service at its Dawah Centre, Ibereko, along Badagry express road, Badagry.
The service which was gracefully witnessed by dignitaries both within and outside Badagry attracted dozens of worshippers who have come to observe their jumat as a mark of identifying with the organization and acceptance of the jumat service inauguration.
According to the head of TMC Badagry , Mallam Yusuf Awesu, the establishment of the jumat service became imperative as part of the mission of the organization towards advancing dissemination of Islamic message in the environment.
The inaugural sermon was delivered by the Deputy Head of Lagos State chapter of TMC, Ustadh Abdul Waheed Olatunde, and centered on importance of the mosque in the life of mankind.
Other dignitaries present at the inaugural jumat service were the patron of TMC Badagry, Alhaji Doctor Kazeem Lawal, the external affairs officer of TMC Lagos as well as officials of TMC from Ojo LGA and other sister Islamic organisation.