- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Abideen Muhammed, Lagos
Fear gripped heart of most students in Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education as they set to commence the remaining exams of second semester, 2017/2018 academic session tomorrow, December 12, 2018 which was halted due to Colleges of Education Academic Staff Union (COEASU) National strike.
Campus observation carried out shows that some students have assumed resumption is till January while some, suspension of COEASU internal strike is like a thunder to them. While majority neglected their books during striking periods others are occupied with non- academics work.
The suspension of the strike became the reason many students are running helter skelter to get all examination materials ready. Basically, students find it awkward to go back to book while those reading are doing so out of compulsion and desire for academic success. Majorities of students have concluded to write what their ‘intuition’ proposes, whether right or wrong. Their priority is to mark attendance in the remaining examinations.
Releasing of new table by some departments like Economics, Islamic studies, etc confirmed the readiness of lecturers for the exam. It was also gathered that as at the time of filling this report, some departments are yet to release new time table for continuation of second semester examinations which kept the affected students in pool of doubt.