- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
You will recall that the minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, had earlier said that the FG have reached a partial agreement with ASUU with recourse to the last meeting.
He said: “We have finished our deliberation for today (Monday). I am happy to report that we touched some areas of understanding in implementation from the Memorandum of Action which we agreed to in 2017.
“Some of these areas we have substantial compliance and some other areas have not been fully dealt with.
“Like the issue of shortfall in salaries of some federal universities’ workers and lecturers, ASUU has given a list to the Accountant-General’s Office and we have agreed that by Wednesday that list should be crosschecked by the Presidential Initiative on continuous auditing.”
1) The meeting is currently going on at Board room, Ministry of Education, Abuja.
2) The Probability of calling it off today is very high because FG ready to reconcile with MoU of 2009.
3) It is likely the Vice President joins the meeting after leaving the Buhari@76 Celebration ground.
4) The Accountant General of the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Works will be on seat to see to the matter of some aggrieved unpaid lecturers.
5) The Chairman of the ASUU is expected to come with more of his Stakeholders as vital decision will be made for the union.
6) It will be the last meeting for the year.