- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The police in Lagos state arrested two siblings for beheading a 13 years old boy, Joseph Makinde for ritual in Shapati town, Ibeju Lekki on 28th November 2018.
A statement issued by the Police Public Relation Officer (PPRO), Chike Oti on Wednesday said a team of anti-kidnapping personal from the police command on 28th November 2018, on routine patrol along Epe expressway, arrested two brothers namely Ayo Obadimeji and Saheed Obadimeji for possession of a fresh human.
One of the eye witnesses reported that the elder one was known to be a hooligan who loves to disturb the peace of the town. He said he wasn’t surprised to have been caught in such activities.
Both brothers confessed during interrogation that one Sodiq Abefe contracted them to provide him with a human head at the cost of #200,000. To achieve their mission, they lured the victim by sending him to buy Coca-Cola drink for them and on return they captured him and cut off his head.
Oti said: “The torso had been recovered from an uncompleted building located at Shapati but the effort has been made to arrest the culprit who allegedly contracted the two siblings to commit such heinous act”.
The police spokesman further said the Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohim had directed that the case is handed over to the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (CIID), Panti, Yaba for further investigation.
“The CP reiterated his earlier warnings to criminals to repent or relocate from the state or regret the consequence if their action.”