- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Lagos State, Mr Jide Sanwo-Olu, has promised to ensure the key ministries such as finance, economic and budget planning and the Secretary to the state government are supervised by women.
Mr Sanwo-Olu made this pledge during an interactive session organised by the Office of the APC Women Leader in Lagos on Thursday, January 17, 2019.
“If we are voted into power, we will make sure that key ministries such as finance, economic and budget planning, even the Secretary to the state government are supervised by women,” he said.
“Women will also take up prominent positions in our cabinet to support and prompt us to deliver efficiently.
He stated that the move is to ensure full empowerment and integration of women in the decision-making positions of the state.
“I believe that women are trustworthy, capable and competent, and they can make a positive impact for the benefit of all,” Sanwo-Olu said
The interactive session was attended by women professionals, entrepreneurs, academics and opinion leaders across the state. The theme of the gathering was: ‘Enabling, Empowering and Promoting Women: Our Pact’.
The candidate also promised to procure two Linear Accelerator machines to reduce the burden of cancer among women.