- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Lagos State Governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has commenced situating Free Wi-Fi at 100 designated locations across Lagos State.
The ‘Free Sanwo-Olu Wi-Fi’ launch, which kicked-off with Surulere Leisure Mall as its inaugural location, became a spectacle as jubilant youths skyjacked the commissioning ceremony.
With the overwhelming display of support coming from youths twice within one week, Sanwo-Olu seemed to have struck the right cord with the Nigeria youths and won their support.
“I am a firm believer in the capacity of Nigerian youths to transform our country if the right atmosphere is created and appropriate empowerment provided. Providing these is a responsibility as individual and a government,” Sanwo-Olu said.
“This free Wi-Fi Initiative is an indication of how our government will be in providing empowerment for the youths. I recognise internet access as a window through which we can peep into the world of innovation and knowledge. I know that the online world boasts enormous resources. We can, therefore, not afford to be shut-out of happenings in that space”.