- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The heavy downpour experienced early this October in Lagos State fairly claimed lives and properties of the people of PPL, Ojo area due to flood. The downpour experienced in the late morning hours on Friday, 12th October, 2018 was a case study.
This downpour which lasted for about three hours led to the flood within the area. Residents who were unfortunate to have left home early enough were reportedly to have walked through the flood to their various destinations through hardship.
It was gathered that the flood has been caused by the continuous ‘improper’ dispose of waste products by residents owning to the absence of waste management agency in that area.
The present over flooded area has been recorded to be persistent due to lack of drainage; which has led to reduction in ‘market sales’ in the area.
Victims who were unfortunate to have had to walk through the flooded area lamented over the persistence of the flooded area. Thus, they call on Lagos State government to come to their aid as the current situation is a means to unhealthiness which increases Malaria risk.