- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Thomas Tuchel’s first Ligue 1 game in charge saw champions Paris Saint-Germain ease to a 3-0 home win against Caen on Sunday.
Neymar scored on his first Ligue 1 appearance since February as Paris Saint-Germain downed Caen 3-0 in Thomas Tuchel’s first home game in charge.
Edinson Cavani and Kylian Mbappe were absent – though the latter was involved in a pre-match World Cup presentation at the Parc des Princes on Sunday – but Neymar helped ensure a comfortable victory for the champions.
The Brazilian scored early, capitalising on a Brice Samba mistake to slot in a Christopher Nkunku pass, with Adrien Rabiot adding a second from Angel Di Maria’s excellent assist before the break.
Gianluigi Buffon’s Ligue 1 debut was mostly uneventful, the former Juventus and Italy goalkeeper able to keep a clean sheet after Stef Peeters hit the post with a free-kick, while Timothy Weah capitalised on another Samba error to complete the scoring in the 89th minute with his first Ligue 1 goal.