- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Lagos Command of Nigeria Police Force has thwarted kidnap attempt of some notable persons at Iba LCDA, Ojo and arrested 47 suspected cultists at various hideouts in the environment.
Mr Imohimi Edgal; the commissioner of police in Lagos, disclosed this while briefing newsmen on the command’s activity in the last two weeks on Tuesday, November 11. He said that the arrest was made possible by intelligence reports received on December 10 by the police on the activities of the kidnappers.
“… I directed the Commander, Anti – kidnapping Squad to proactively ensure that the criminals do not affect their plan. Tapping into the intelligence resource of the command, they were able to locate them in their hideout at Imota, Ikorodu on December 11,” Edgal said.
It was disclosed that one locally cut-to-size double barrel pistol, one expanded cartridge and three live cartridges were recovered from the suspects.
Similarly, he said a report that suspected cultists would be performing their initiation ceremony at a hotel in Igando area of Lagos was as well disclosed and undercover operatives from Igando Division were mobilized to the scene which 21 suspected cultists were arrested.
The police boss also disclosed that at present, twenty-seven people suspected of cultism have been arrested at Iyana Ipaja, Ijora and Ketu Alapere respectively.