- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The police command in Plateau state has declared 13 people wanted over the killing of Idris Alkali, a retired major-general.
In September, Alkali was declared missing after he embarked on a trip to Bauchi but never reached his destination.
Later that same month, his car was found in a pond in Dura-Du community of Jos South local government area.
After an extensive search, the major-general’s body was found in an abandoned well in October. He was buried in Abuja on November 3.
In a statement on Thursday, Terna Tyopev, spokesman of the Plateau command, said 12 of the suspects hail from Dwei village in Du District while one is from Gushet-Shen village.
He said the two villages are located in Jos South.
“After an elaborate and painstaking investigation into the killing of Maj.-Gen. Idris Alkali (rtd), it has further been revealed that 13 more persons who participated in the illegal activities that led to the death of the late general are at large,” Tyopev said.
“Therefore, Mr Austin Agbonlahor, the commissioner of police in charge of this command, has directed that they should be declared wanted.”
The spokesman urged the public to give the police useful information on the whereabouts of the suspects.
Names of the suspects:
Da Chuwang Samuel