- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
A Police team under the Lagos State Police Command has been arrested over the alleged killing of a youth, Kolade Johnson, on Sunday.
The Command’s spokesman, DSP Bala Elkana, confirmed the arrest in a statement on Monday.
The News Agency of Nigeria had reported on Sunday that some residents of Mangoro/Onipetesi community in Lagos went on the rampage, blocking the Oshodi/Abeokuta Expressway in protest against the killing of a youth in the area.
The angry residents blocked the major roads with tyres and wooden planks after a youth was allegedly shot dead by policemen from Anti-Cultism Unit of Lagos State Command.
NAN learnt that an unmarked commercial bus occupied by the policemen had visited the community on Sunday afternoon in search of youths dressed wildly and wearing dreadlocks.
It further gathered that one of the Police operatives allegedly shot dead Kolade from behind in an attempt to disperse a crowd which had gathered during the raid.