- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Preseident Muhammadu Buhari appointed new executive Chairman of National population commission (NPC)Hassan Bashir on fridayJanuary 25th ,2019 at Abuja.
A statement signed by Director General ismail Bello today 25th,January 2019,showed that the appointment was conveyed in a letter signed by the secretary to the Government of the Federation,Boss Mustapha.
Bashir took over from the former Executive Chairman of the Commission,Eze Duruiheoma whose tenure ended on January 23,2019.
Hassan Bashir is to take the duty of activities of the commission pending the appointment of a substantive Executive Chairman as he is the most senior Federal commissioner in the National Population Commission at the moment.
The statement stated that “until his appointment,Hassan Bashir has been Honourable Federal commissioner representing Bauchi State in the commission”.