- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The oil business mogul, Femi Otedola, has refuted reports that he will be contesting for the erstwhile position of governor of Lagos state in 2019.
Otedola in a tweet on Tuesday, September 11, 2019, stated that the current governor of the state is doing a commendable job and Lagosians should be proud of him.
Popular media celebrity, Dele Momodu, broke the news which turned out to a hoax. Otedola on Wednesday, September 12, 2018, denied running for any political office.’
He said, “the Governor of Lagos State is doing a commendable job and Lagosians should be proud of him.”
“My attention has been drawn to a news piece where false information from a parody account was posted. I am a man of the people and I will always be on the side of the masses but I am stating clearly via this medium that I am not running for office.”
This is the second time the news about the business mogul contesting against Lagos state governor. The first was when he boarded a public transport in the state which made many people insinuated that Femi might have the intention of becoming the governor of Lagos like his late father, Sir Michael Otedola.