- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Osun State during last election, Senator Ademola Adeleke, has on Thursday, June 27, upbeat that he would become governor of Osun State on July 5, 2019.
Senator Ademola Adeleke spoke at the PDP secretariat in Osogbo, while receiving the Osun West Action Democratic Party (ADP)’s Senatorial Candidate for 2019 elections, Dr. Dotun Babayemi and his supporters, Tribune reports.
The Supreme Court will next Friday deliver judgement on his appeal against the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the election, Governor Oyetola, who was declared winner by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
While speaking, Adeleke urged party members to remain calm and prayerful.
He expressed optimism that PDP will get “a favourable verdict”.