- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
A man has been reported dead on Saturday after been trapped by a truck involving in an auto crash along Mobolaji Bank Anthony way Ikeja, Lagos.
According to the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), the truck which is fully loaded with a 20 feet container fell on a car trapping the deceased in the process.
The General Manager of LASEMA; Adesina Tiamiyu,admitted that the man died before help could reach him.
He said: “Upon arrival of the LASEMA Response Team (LRT) at the incident scene, it was observed that a multiple accident involving a 20 feet container fell off its flat bed on two cars on Mobalaji Bank Anthony way by NITEL Bus stop. One adult male sustained serious injuries and 1 adult male was trapped dead.
“The trapped victim was extricated and bagged by the LRT. However the affected vehicles and container had been recovered also and subsequently taken to Lastma yard, Oshodi. The road is now clear for vehicular activities,” he added.