- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The gross misconduct and abuse of power by the men of the Nigerian Police and members of the State task force led to chaos in Ipaja Iyana, Alimosho Lagos on Wednesday, February 5.
According to residents of the area, officials of the Lagos State task force broke into apartments at Raji Rasaki Street, Iyana-Ipaja to seize about 10 packed motorcycles. The youth protested against this action while the involvement of idle commercial motorcycle operators further worsened the situation.
“We didn’t expect to see them because we are not working with our Okada. We were inside the house when they broke in and took away our Okada with force,” he said.
“They are still around Iyana-Ipaja roundabout. We will not stop burning tires until we retrieve our Okada. They beat us when we didn’t do anything to them. We are going to fight back.”
Reports from other news outlets showed that the chaos has spread to Abule-Egba where protesters were tear-gassed by the task force.