- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Executive secretary of the National Universities Commission (NUC), Prof. Abubakar Rashid, have said that the recent ranking of the nation’s universities published in the conventional and social media is false. As NUC has not ranked universities in the last 14 years.
Rashid made this known in his speech at the combined convocation of Bingham University, Karu, Nasarawaa state, which is the 3rd of it kind.
“The purported ranking published in the conventional and social media is false, fake and not from the NUC. It is meant to deceive members of the public and should be disregarded,’’ he said.
He however, commended the efforts of the Acting Vice Chancellor, Prof. William Barnabas Qurix, as he has successfully rule the school.
Rashid added that NUC is impressed with the efforts of Qurix because the school had previously faced challenges that hindered it progress and growth but which he has been able to set the university back on track.
“Such efforts have set the university on the path of progress and massive growth. The institution is back on track and the dark days are now in the past. It has become a centre of excellence and we are all happy,’’.
“Prof. Qurix was conscripted into this job. He was practically `ambushed’ and I was at the thick of that plot. I am happy that we have not been disappointed,’’ he said.
Reports gathered is that six hundred and seventy six graduates received first degree when thirty three of them bagged first class. And more than fifty Vice Chancellors of various institutions were present to grace the occasion.