- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The controversial news on Assu strike started on Instagram @official_Assu the Academic staff union university saying he doen not have an official twitter page he handle and has no plan of going on any strike.
Nigeria student can’t handle going on another three month strick which makes them react to the twitee “Thinking on going on another three month strike action” which thrend on Twitter.
The union who spoke through the president Prof. Biodun ogunyemion on Monday,4 March, 2019 in an interview also said he conderm the information and will take further action against those in charge of the operation.
Prof. Ogunyemi said, “First, ASUU does not have an official Twitter handle . Those who are operating that handle are fraudsters . So , we are issuing a statement today to denounce that handle , and that is to enable us to take further action against those operating that account. Arising from that , it means that nobody should take seriously anything posted from that account. ”
Prof. Ogunyemi said, “We are not yet at that stage . We are engaging government on how to implement the Memorandum of Action. We are working with government to activate the MOA , to make sure that all the provisions of the MOA are met , within the timeframe. “
“Our students have nothing to fear because our members are compassionate and so are not looking at immediate action , instead they are engaging the government on the MOA . And at this moment some of our members are making sacrifices . Some have lost their annual leave and some that are supposed to go on sabbatical have elected to stay behind to cover lost ground . “