- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Nigeria representatives from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, has emerged third at the grand finale Huawei ICT competition on the 25th of May, 2019.
Abdulqudus Adebayo, Shaibu Usman Abbas, Abdulqadir Babagana, Mohammed Mustapha, Kamaludeen Umar and Fahad Danladi, were the 6 Nigerian representatives at the competition proceeded to the final stage on Monday with just three participants who came third.
The Huawei ICT Competition is a global ICT talent exchange event, which comprises of Huawei Authorized Information and Network Academy universities and related colleges (Huawei ICT Academy).
The 2018/19 event attracted more than 1,000 universities in over 50 countries around the world under the slogan “Connection, Glory and Future” with a number of 80,000 globally participating students including 28, 000 students from Sub-Saharan Africa.
In addition, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria-Nigeria as well won an award of excellent academy while Dr Bashir Sadiq of the department of Computer Engineering, ABU Zaria won an award of the best instructor at the competition.
The competition took place at the company’s headquarters in Dongguan, China.