- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Presidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar has on March 2, 2019 decried the arrest of Alhaji Abdullahi Babalele who is his son-in-law.
Alhaji Abdullahi Babalele, the Financial Director of Atiku group of companies was arrested in Abuja by the the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) after a through search in his house and office at Oakland center in Maitama.
It was reported that 12 EFCC officers who arrived in 18 seater bus and Hilux with a search warrant letter to his residence by 8:00 was decline of entry until his lawyer arrived.
Atiku was quoted through one of his assistance that this was a plan to make him accept defeat in the election that happens on Saturday, 23 March, 2019.
Mr. Paul Ibe Atiku’s media adviser said “Babalele was taken away to the EFCC office in Wuse to make a statement alongside Mr . Lawan Ayuba. It was gathered that the petition relied upon to invade the residence and office of Babalele was authored by a brother of the wife of President Buhari”.
He continues his statement he said Atiku will not be moved by the actions of the EFCC.
“As a law abiding citizen, Atiku Abubakar recognizes the constitutional role of the EFCC and indeed any other agency of the government to carry out investigations, but will not be cowed by any attempt to blackmail him into mortgaging his mandate, In a despondency move to have Atiku Abubakar concede and congratulate Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) at about 8.30am today (Saturday) invaded the Maitama residence of Babalele. They were however not given access into the house until his lawyer arrived,”