- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Not less than 3 Nigeria Super Eagles stars have been nominated alongside 31 others for CAF player of the year.
The Confederation of African Football, CAF list of 34 nominees for the player of the year honour has Alex Iwobi, Ahmed Musa and Odion Ighalo shortlisted.
Ahmed Musa was Nigeria’s key man at the 2018 Fifa World Cup has made the it to the list prior to his remarkable performance at the world cup where he got two goal against Iceland, before the Super Eagles eventually crashed out after losing to Argentina.
Arsenal’s Alex Iwobi and Odion Ighalo also made the cut decided by votes from the members of the Caf Media Committee, Caf Technical & Development Committee and half of the 20-member panel of experts.
The Awards Gala, to honour footballers and officials who distinguished themselves during the year under review, will be held on Tuesday, 8 January 2019 in Dakar, Senegal.
Egypt and Liverpool star Mohamed Salah won the accolade, conferred by the Confederation of African Football (CAF), for 2017 after an awe-impressive season for the Pharaohs and the Reds.