- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The dethroned Emir of Kano, HRH Muhammadu Sanusi II, led Awe Community in Nasarawa State in the Jumat prayer, Friday congregational prayer, early today, March 13, 2020.
Emir Sanusi was deposed on Monday, March 9, and banished to Loko Local Government Area of Nasarawa state. However, he moved to Awe where the community received the former Emir with a joyful welcome and prayed he stayed with them forever.
The former Emir was also joined in the prayer by his close friend, Governor Nasir El-Rafiu of Kaduna State. Both personalities have been a friend since their undergraduate days at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
In another development, the Inspector General of Police, Mohammad Adamu, has also ordered the immediate release of the former Emir from house detention.
After leading Muslims in Jumat prayer, he is said to be on his way to Lagos to join his family.