- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Federal government has not put anything on the table for revitalising the comatose education sector,yet busy mobilizing funds for re_election in 2019. Said, Deji Omole,president ASUU Ibadan zone.
The National President, Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Professor Biodun Ogunyemi, has directed the striking lecturers in public universities to be ready for a very long strike. ASUU President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi ‘Plant what you eat’ He stated this in a bulletin he sent to members of the union.
He said,” all ASUU members should be on the watch and prepare for a long drawn out struggle to salvage the university system”. According to him, “members should remain steadfast and resolute in the face of intimidation or antics employed by government through Vice chancellors and governing councils to undermine the ongoing struggle “Government is yet to change its ‘ keep them talking’ style and stance as all the meetings held so far with the Minister of Education are yet to resolve any of the demands of ASUU”. Also speaking after their Zonal Meeting held at Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, the ASUU chairman, University of Ibadan, Dr. Deji Omole said the ASUU,Ibadan zone has fully mobilised her members to ensure the reason for the strike gets actualised. Omole noted that it was regrettable that the federal government whom he said has not put anything on the table for revitalising the comatose education sector is busy mobilising funds for re-election in 2019.