- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
by Fuad Oluwaniyi
Paul pogba and Luke Shaw scored as Manchester United beat Leicester city 2 -1 to open the 2018/19 premier league season at Old Trafford today Friday.
Paul Pogba fired Manchester United into the lead just two minutes in to give Jose Mourinho’s men the perfect start to the new Premier League season.
The French World Cup winner put his penalty into the top corner and set the Red Devils on course for a significant three points against Leicester City.
Pogba captained United following his heroics in Russia this summer, while Fred featured for the first time.
Luke Shaw scored his first ever senior goal against Leicester city which hopefully would boost his confidence. He received praise from his manager Jose Mourinho,he had this to say about him “I am very pleased for Luke Shaw,he made one mistake in 90 minutes, he was very good defensively,he had a good preseason.” This is a welcome development as Shaw has had a somewhat troubling relationship with the gaffer.
Leicester came back fighting as they looked to cause an opening day upset but even a late Jamie Vardy goal was not enough to get anything from the game.
Today’s Match which was played at
Venue : Old Trafford
8pm,10th of August 2018
With the total
Attendance : 74,439
Man Utd Starting XI :
Formation: 4 – 3 – 3
Leicester City Starting XI :
Formation: 4 – 2 – 3 – 1
MN-U – LI-C
11 fouls 8
2 yellow cards 1
0 red cards 0
4 offsides 2
2 coner kicks 5
3 saves 4