- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Following a hot section meeting held by the Adebayo Ninalowo led governing council of the Lagos State University, on Thursday, 12th September 2019, three lecturers of the institution have been sacked.
The governing council on behalf of the management accused the lecturers for allegedly using stolen documents to show alleged fraud.
Anthony Dansu, Senior Lecturer, Department of Human Kinetics, Sports and Health Education; Adeolu Oyekan, Lecturer 1, Department of Philosophy, and Kemi Abodunrin-Shonibare, an associate professor, Department of African Languages, Literature and Communication Arts have been accused of unauthorized removal, retention and dissemination or publication of official confidential documents.
It would be recalled that Premium Times had earlier reported that the university’s Joint Council and Senate Disciplinary Committee, headed by an external member of the council, Sunny Ajose, submitted it’s report to the governing council for a final verdict.
The committee’s recommendation from the submitted report formed a part of the council’s deliberation at it’s 122nd meeting on Thursday.
The accused are the Secretary, Assistant secretary and Treasurer of the university’s chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), respectively.