- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
by Fuad Oluwaniyi
Game is over and the final score is Liverpool 4-0 West Ham. Sadio Mane scored twice after Mohamed Salah’s opener and Daniel Sturridge was also on target in Liverpool’s comfortable win over West Ham.
Two goals from Sadio Mane and a Mohamed Salah strike helped Liverpool to a 4-0 win in their Premier League opener against West Ham on Sunday.
Jurgen Klopp’s side made light work of the Hammers at Anfield to move above Chelsea at the top of the table, the latter having beaten Huddersfield Town 3-0 on Saturday.
Liverpool handed full debuts to new signings Alisson and Naby Keita, the latter producing a hugely impressive performance at the heart of midfield, while Xherdan Shaqiri made a late appearance off the bench.
But it was two of the Reds’ established heroes who sealed the three points, Salah prodding home Andy Robertson’s 19th-minute cross before Mane netted twice from inside the box either side of half-time. Substitute Daniel Sturridge bundled in a late fourth.
Liverpool XI: Milner, Wijnaldum, Alisson, Roberto Firmino, Salah, Van Dijk, S. Mané, A.Robertson, Gomez, N.Keita, T. Alexander-Arnold
Subs: Sturridge, Lallana, J. Henderson, Clyne, X. Shaqiri, L. Karius, Fabinho
West Ham United XI: Ł. Fabiański, Noble, Ogbonna, Arnautovic, J.Wilshere, M.Antonio, F.Anderson, Masuaku, Ryan Fredericks, Fabián Balbuena, D.Rice
Subs: Zabaleta, Robert Snodgrass, Yarmolenko, Javier Hernández, Adrián, Obiang, I.Diop