- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Lagos State University is set to host gubernatorial candidates in Lagos state with its maiden edition of the new governance and policy initiative known as “The LASU Governance Discourse”.
According to information released by the university, this initiative is to provide leading gubernatorial candidates in Lagos state an opportunity to interact with the students of all tertiary institutions in the state.
“The inaugural edition of the initiative will witness an interactive discourse among the leading gubernatorial candidates in the 2019 Governorship Election in Lagos State,” the statement reads in part.
“…the forum will provide an avenue for the candidates to share with students of all tertiary institutions in Lagos State, their visions and plans for moving the State forward if elected.”
The event is planned to hold on Friday, February 8, 2019, at the University Auditorium, LASU Main Campus, Ojo, Lagos by 9 am.
This is the first time in the history of Lagos and Nigeria that a university community will be inviting gubernatorial candidates for an interactive session towards understanding their policy thrust for education and other sectors in the state.