- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Vice-Chancellor of Lagos State University, Professor Olanrewaju Fagbohun, SAN, has ordered the suspension of security personnel who assaulted a student on Friday, March 8, 2019.
The order came after he has been duly briefed on an unfortunate incident which occurred on Friday, 8th March, 2019 at the University Main Campus, Ojo between a student and some campus marshal.
OJOMEDIALINE confirmed this in a press release signed by the Coordinator, Centre for Information, Press and Public Relations, Ademola Adekoya.
He wrote: “A misunderstanding had occurred between a student and some members of the LASU Security Unit over alleged reckless driving which eventually led to a physical assault on the student.”
“The Vice-Chancellor has said that on no account account should any security personnel beat or assault any students on campus and as such, immediately directed that all the security personnel involved in the incidence be suspended forthwith and will face disciplinary panel on Wednesday, 13th March, 2019.
“The Vice-Chancellor implored all students to go about their normal activities peacefully as everything is under control.”