- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
By Olatunde Azeezah
Dr Abdul Hakeem Mobolaji Abdul lateef, Hon. Commissioner, of Ministry of Home Affairs, Lagos state, was awarded with the Lagos Man Of The Year Award (LASMAYA) 2018. The award was given to him after the conduct of an election which started on the 3rd of September 2018 to the 9th of September 2018.
The final results was released on the 11th of September 2018. The total number of votes casted was 53,893, Otunba Akin Doherty. MD Alphabeta consulting LTD had the least number of votes which is 202, followed by Engr. Charles Akinyele Akindayomi, FNSE MD/CEO CA consultants LTD had 362 votes, Aare Fathi Odesile MD Grand OAK Limited had 569 votes casted to him. The MD/CEO of Anchor Insurance company limited, Mr Ebose Augustine Osegba had 1,199 votes. Mr Adesina Muyiwa Tiamiyu General manager LASEMA had 1,397 votes. HON Babjimi Adeleke Benson member representing ikorodu federal constituency had 1,443 votes. Followed by Dr Ganiyu Oluremi Shopeyin, Executive Chairman, State Universal Basic Education Board had 2405 votes. Mr Sewedu Oluseni Whenu Permanent Secretary Office of the Chief of Staff to Governor had 4,138 votes.
Dr Abdullateef Abdulhakeem, Hon. Commissioner for home Affairs Lagos state number of votes has been reported to be 41,415 votes which emerged as the highest votes against all other opponents.
He was then declared the winner of the eight edition of the ever prestigious Lagos state man of the year award (LASMAYA) 2018.