- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Lagos State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, showed he has more up his sleeved as he apprehended some motorist driving against traffic along on Muritala Mohammed Airport Road in Ikeja, including a military personal.
According to reports, this incident happened on Monday, January 7 while Ambode was returning from Abuja where he had attended an event. The apprehended a Nigerian Army personnel drove a space bus with registration number JJJ 290 AC
On sighting the vehicle, he alighted from his car and reprimanded the officer for “showing a bad example” contrary to what the Nigeria Army is known for.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary Habib Aruna on Tuesday, January 8, the governor decried the flagrant abuse of the State Traffic Laws.
The governor also reprimanded another offender who drove a saloon car with registration number LSR 445 ER, for breaking the law regardless of the dangers involved in driving against traffic.
He condemned the manner at which some motorists drive ‘one way’ to beat the traffic along the Nigerian Air force Base inward International Airport Road in the Ikeja axis.
Governor Ambode, thereafter, ordered the immediate seizure of the vehicles and directed that the offenders be prosecuted in line with the provisions of the traffic laws on the state.