- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Lagos state residents in various spheres have expressed their gratitude towards the heavy downpour experienced on Sunday, 20th January, 2019.
Although it was gathered that the downpour which lasted for about one and a half hour was said to have not been effective in all parts of Lagos but which exempted places were being cloudy.
Expressing the views of a resident of Ikorodu, Longe Boluwatife, on her WhatsApp status indicates how happy the residents have been in welcoming the rain
“First rain in 2019 at Ikorodu”
With a resident at Mile 12, Mr Kay Shittu, expressing how delightful he became when he realized it was going to rain, the resident explained that he appreciated the fact that there will be a cold weather condition at night.
“Although there was no sign that it would rain in the morning, I got drenched when it poured and was happy.”
“The heat has been too much of recent, especially, with the epileptic power supply.”
“I know this night would be a bit cool for me to have a sound sleep,” he said.
Meanwhile, conversing with a resident of Ojo was our correspondent, who reported that Ojo residents only had a few drops of rain as compared to others and a cloudy sky but which they believed that having the first rain of the year at this early period is a sign of prosperity for them.