- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Lagos state command of Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has denied the occurrence of a terrorist attack on Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Ikeja and stressed that the incident is a simulation carried out by security agencies at the airport.
According to CSP Chike Oti – the command’s spokesman, the trending video on social media is an old video of simulation conducted by some security bodies. This statement was issued on Sunday, November 25.
“The attention of the commissioner of police, Lagos state command has been drawn to a video trending on the social media purporting that the MMIA is under attack by terrorists. carrying out simulation in an old video,” Oti said.
“In view of the disturbing video, the authorities of Lagos state police command contacted the deputy commissioner of police in charge of operations at the airport command. “He stated that the video was that of a simulation exercise carried out by the Nigerian Airforce in conjunction with other agencies at the airport three years ago.”
“Already, the commissioner of police has directed the command’s Intelligence Unit to unmask the persons behind the rumour for prosecution.”
This same position has been earlier stated by the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) through a statement issued by its spokeswoman on Friday, November 23.