- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
It was gathered that two offices of INEC were engulfed in fire outbreak which is less than a week to 2019 election. This kept the citizens in a palpable fear.
Fire on Tuesday, January 12, 2019 at 2.30 pm gutted a container at the Secretariat of the Independent National Electoral Commission in Awka, Anambra State.
The container, it was gathered, contained card readers.
Staff of the Commission fled their offices.
As of the time of filing the story, firefighters were still battling to put off the fire.
Security operatives, including army and police thronged the Secretariat to assist.
However, no INEC official was ready to talk to the press.