- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Islamic Online University founded by Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Philip in Qatar in 2001 sets to hold another edition of its online convocation. This year’s edition is the fifth one of its kind since 2013.
According to the statement signed by the registrar of the school, Br. Ishmael Ntenje, the online convocation holds on Saturday, 5th January, 2019 by 4PM Qatar time.
He said: “With immense pleasure and happiness, the Islamic Online University (IOU) invites you and your family to its Fifth Online Convocation Ceremony which will be held this Saturday, 5th January, 2019, 4:00 p.m. Qatar time.”
It was gathered that a total of 190 students from over 32 different countries in 9 different programs graduated during IOU’s Fourth Online Convocation Ceremony from the following departments: Islamic Studies, Psychology, Arabic Language and Linguistics, Education, Information Technology, and Islamic Economics, Banking, and Finance and 6 students graduating from the Ijazah program of the Global Qur’an Memorization Center (GQMC).
Also, last year convocation was the first time ever, IOU had 16 students graduating from the MA in Islamic Studies program (Fall 2016 – Spring 2017 graduating batches). It was also the first time IOU had students graduating from Certificate in Information Technology and Certificate in Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance.
The Islamic Online University (IOU) is an online distance learning institution of higher education that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees for Muslim students and seekers of knowledge. It was gathered that new semester will begin by February this year.