- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Abideen Muhammed, Lagos
VESPA market in Ijanikin area of Lagos state was shut down on Thursday, 13th December, 2018. This was done in honour of 45th coronation of the Aladi Onijanikin of Ijanikin Kingdom, King (Dr) Momodu Afolabi Ashafa which had begun since December 9, 2018 and slated to end on December 16, 2018.
VESPA traders, a thrift market for shoes and one of the city’s most popular destinations for Ojo Local Government area residents have chosen yesterday, December 13, 2018 to felicitate with the King which led to the closure of the market while the ceremony was ongoing at Oba Ijanikin palace.
Briefing journalists about the event, one of the traders said: “All traders in VESPA market have agreed to close the market today in celebrating 45th coronation of our King.”
Market women and men were seen wearing ‘polo’ to mark the 45th coronation of Oba Onijanikin of Ijanikin Kingdom who is also the father of the incumbent Executive Chairman of Oto Awori Local Council Development Area, Hon. Musbau Adekunle Ashafa.
It was gathered that few traders like pepper seller, phone accessories and banana seller etc later came to the market to sell their goods.