- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Convener of #EndSARS and #ReformPoliceNG campaign, Mr Segun Awosanya has said the news of disbandment of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (F-SARS) and its subsequent placement under the control of the state commissioner of police is taking Nigerians back to dark days.
Awosanya further stated in a Twitter thread that this action will bring back some of the worst experience Nigerians had with the police unit. More so, taking this action is also considered not appropriate due to the upcoming elections.
Some Nigerians that are familiar with this time also shared a similar concern about how effective the state commissioner of police will is able to manage this unit.
Concerns about using this special police for dirty works of the politicians were also raised, but the force headquarters is yet to explain how the new structure will work.