- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) while addressing the business community in Lagos on Wednesday promised to privatise the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) if he gets into power.
Atiku Abubakar who vowed to privatise the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) if he gets into power also promised to sacrifice his life for it.
“I am committed to privatizing NNPC, I said it”, he said.
He continued: “I swear, even if they are going to kill me, I will do it,” he said.
OJOMEDIALINE learnt that Atiku had previously announced that he would privatise the NNPC which has been geared controversy over the years.
Atiku also promised to enrich his friends as long as it doesn’t gives room for corruption. “I am also not going to enrich members of my family but my friends”, he said.
“Are my friends not entitled to be enriched? As long as there is no element of corruption there”.