- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Wife of the President, Aisha Buhari has assured women and youths, who formed the fulcrum of her husband’s campaign organisation, that the second tenure of the Buhari government will not forget their efforts, and that the President will address gap between rich and poor.
According to her Media Aide, Suleiman Haruna, Mrs. Buhari spoke at a victory dinner organised by the Youth and Women Campaign Organisation at the Old Banquet Hall, Presidential Villa Abuja yesterday.
Wife of the President expressed happiness at the overwhelming confidence reposed on President Buhari by Nigerians.
She said, “I wish I can invite all the 15 million Nigerians that voted for Mr. President to this dinner, but no place can accommodate you all.
“So let me say thank you and assure you that you made the right choice.”
Aisha also thanked the Women and Youth Presidential Campaign team, which she said, complemented the APC Presidential Campaign Council, as well as the Buhari Support Organization.
She added, “Specifically, I wish to express my appreciation to the women and youth presidential campaign team that I initiated to complement the efforts of the APC Presidential Campaign Council.
“As you all know by now, the aim of setting up the team was to get women and youth, who form the majority of the electorate, involved in all the campaign activities across the country.”
She said this was a successful experiment that will be recognised in the nation’s political history.