- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Lagos State Governemet promisies to immediately take over the ABAT truck terminal
in the state and commence immediate repairs, as part of permanent solution to the
traffic challenges in Apapa axis. This statement which was released by Governor Ambode during the 11th series of town hall meeting with the people of the area.
Ambode who also disclose his feelings on the gridlock that do occur at the Apapa road, promise to make it a thing of past.
Already, we have cleared the shanties and the way we are trying to run it is
such that we will be able to accommodate at least 3,000 trucks in the park.
In addition to that, we will work with security agencies and see how we can
move the trucks into the park because right now the park can accommodate about 300 trucks but the people are not using it, he said.
Ambode also responded to the complaint of the resident about the menace of motorcyclist by ordering the police and other security agencies to ensure that the rules are being adhered to and prosecute those that fall against it.
As part of his administration’s efforts to regenerate the axis, he said the Fadaini
road currently in a deplorable state would be fixed while Orile- Mile 2-Trade Fair-CMS road would also be repaired to open up alternative routes for motorists.
He also urge all Lagosians to ensure they get their permanent voters card, not to vote
for APC or any other party now, but to show that the real population is in Lagos State.