- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
A fire outbreak accident has been said to have erupt at the early hours of today in Kano.
The accident which was reported to the Kano State Fire Service as at 3:45am and which was attended to at as at 3:52am burnt 30 shops completely and 40 shops slightly burnt.
According to the Spokesman of the State Fire Service, Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, who confirmed the incident to news men, said the fire service had received a distress call from one Bashir Suleiman informing them about the fire outbreak at Yan’Katako market in Rijayar Lemo area of Kano.
“We received a distress call in the early hours of Thursday at about 03:45 a.m from one Bashir Suleiman that there was fire outbreak at the market.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent some of our personnel and fire fighting vehicles to the scene of the incident at about 03:52 a.m to quench the fire so as not to affect other shops,” he said.
He advised traders at the market and other residents to be careful and desist from using instruments capable of triggering fire as a way of guarding against future occurrences.
Mohammed also advised the people to keep fire buckets, blankets and extinguishers close to enable them curtail any fire outbreak before calling on the fire service.
He said the cause of the fire is being investigated upon. (NAN)