- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
- This is the letter that exposes misuse of power by Abba Kyari
- Picture Story: First Class Foundation School holds first inter-house sporting events
The federal government through the permanent secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, Sonny Echono yesterday threatened to relocate government facilities that are under land threat.
Enoho disclosed this at Abuja following the visit of delegations from the institution, emphasizing the government’s aim to relocate the Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) which has concurrently experienced attacks from host communities.
“We have received several correspondences in this regard and we have reached a point of possible relocation of FUTO, alongside other Federal Government institutions from the host communities that continue to be hostile to the facilities.
We have quite a number of Federal government institutions including Federal Government Colleges (Unity School), that have similar problems.
We have received several correspondence to that effect and a decision on that will be taken soon” he said.
He therefore warns involved citizens to desist from such act as institution relocation would cause more harm than good to people of the community.