- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The federal government of Nigeria has declared May 29 as public holiday.
This was made known in a statement signed by the permanent secretary of the minister of interior Mrs Georgina Ehuriah.
Ehuriah revealed that Lt. – Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau, (Rtd), the minister of interior made the declaration on behalf of the federal government.
Dambazau in his speech sent warm greetings to president Muhammadu Buhari for his reelection in office and as well wished him a more fulfilling tenure in office.
He as well call on Nigerians to keep giving the federal government support and unity as it aids more success stories in the development of the nation.
Although the presidential inauguration will hold on May 29, a more elaborate event is scheduled for June 12 as it has now been designated as Nigeria’s Democracy Day.