- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Professor Wole Soyinka who spoke at a symposium in Abuja on Wednesday, 9th January, 2019 has identified what may lead to a 3rd World War in our generation. He foresighted that the fake news will be started by a Nigerian.
The Nobel Laureate confirmed that fake news is a threat to mankind and humanity. He said, “I have said this before that fake news may cause World War 3 and the fake news will be started by a Nigerian.”
Wole Soyinka who was allegedly quoted as saying that it serves former President, Goodluck Jonathan right for marrying an illiterate after he lost at the polls in 2015 appealed to Nigerians to jettison fake news.
“During the last Presidential election I was quoted as saying that it serves President Jonathan right for marrying an illiterate.”
Also, in July 11, 2018 a National Campaign Against Fake News has been launched in Nigeria by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who said fake news is capable of undermining the reputation of media organization.
”Once the people lose confidence in the media, the media and the society are in trouble”, he said.