- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
The Confederation of African Football, CAF, have named Egypt as the new host for the 2019 edition of the African Cup of Nations (AFCON).
This was announced in a statement via CAF’s official Twitter handle on Tuesday, January 8.
Egypt will now replace Cameroon as the new host of the 24-nation tournament slated to start this Summer.
Original host Cameroon was stripped of the rights to host the biennial tournament in November due to slow preparations.
Egypt and South Africa were the only countries that signified their intention to step in as host through a bid after Cameroon was relieved, with CAF executive committee members deciding the winner through a voting process.