- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Seven custom officers are in trouble for allegedly killing a police officer’s wife, Mrs. Patience Oni while trying to scare away people (traders and residents) during inspection in Badagry area on November 21, 2018.
According to the Divisional Police Officer,(DPO), Mr Samson Akhiromen, the custom officers, under the code name Anti-flying, were raiding an illegal rice depot near a filling station around 12 noon on Tuesday, when they started shooting.
“They started shooting indiscriminately to scare away traders and residents from the area. “During the shooting, the bullets from one of the officers hit two people, one died immediately, while the other one is receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital.
“The husband of the woman killed is a police inspector serving in Area K Police Station, Morogbo,” he said. The DPO said that he arrested the officers with his team of officers when the situation was getting out of hand.
The husband of the killed woman, John Oni who is a police officer at Morogbo divisional police station, said: Patience, while struggling for life, gave a good Samaritan her phone to call him, adding that she was dead before he could get to the Badagry General Hospital.
According to News Agency Nigeria (NAN) as we speak, the custom officer is in custody had been handed over to the SCIID Panti for further investigation and prosecution.