- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Dr Obafemi Hamzat, the Lagos State Deputy Governor-elect has lost his father.
His royal highness Oba Mufutau Hamzat who is the father to the governor-elect looses his life on Sunday evening, 12th May, 2019.
Oba Hamzat was until his death the traditional ruler of Afowowa Kingdom of Ewekoro Local Government Area of Ogun State.
As reported from a family source, late Oba Hamzat died at age 86 and would be buried today according to the Islamic injunctions at Yaya Abatan Street, Ogba.
As gathered from the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the minister former commissioner of Works and Infrastructure and Governor-elect in the state has as well confirmed the death of his father on his twitter handle.
“Today, I lost my father, Oba Mufutau Olatunji Hamzat. I thank Allah, the most gracious for the life he lived.”
“One of the greatest things a father can give his children is courage and belief in their dreams.”
“Thank you father for believing in ours” he tweeted.
From history, Oba Hamzat was a member of the highest decision making organ of the All Progressive Congress’s (APC) Governor’s Advisory Committee (GAC), Lagos State chapter.
He as well served as the former National Vice Chairman of Alliance for Democracy (AD) before it metamorphosed into the present All Progressive Congress (APC) after several reshaping of party name.