- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
Men of Nigeria Police Force attached the Kano Gubernatorial Election Collation centre has arrested Alhaji Nasiru Gawuna, the Deputy Governor of Kano state and Alhaji Sule Garo, Commissioner of Local Government, over an attempt to disruption election results collation process.
The incident happened at about 2 am on Monday, March 11, and the two culprits were alleged to have disrupted the collation of governorship and state house of assembly results at the Nasarawa Local Government Area. This results from this local government are expected to determine the winner between All Progressive Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the gubernatorial election.
Party agents and supporters of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) were about to attack them for the disturbance when the Police moved in to rescue them and subsequently detained them.
The incident has led to a delay in the final collation of the election results.
Who is Orubebe?
Hon. Godsdey Orubebe is a former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs in Nigeria. He became a national sensation for almost derailing the 2015 presidential elections in the country when he disrupted the announcement of results after he accused the former INEC chairman, Attahiru Jega, of bias.
As a result, any individual attempting to cause public discord is considering tolling the path of the Orubebe.