- Lock down: Centre for Restoration of Values Takes Distribution Of Relief Packages To More Than 250 Families In Lagos and Ogun States
- Muhammadu Sanusi II leads Jumat Prayer in Awe, IGP orders his release
- Breaking: Electric shock killed Amaechi's CSO in Kaduna
- Lagos declares 105 housing estates in Lekki, Ibeju-Lekki, Sangotedo among others as illegal settlement
- IMF reduces Nigeria's 2020 economic growth projection by 0.5 per cent
According to the 2019 assessment of wealth and assets published by Forbes on Wednesday, 9th January, 2019, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, maintained his place as Africa’s richest man for the eighth consecutive year though with $2 billion lower than the previous year.
The fall and fall in Dangote’s net worth started since 2015 when he dropped from $25 billion net worth to $17.7 billion and to $9.5 billion in the following year. However, it rose to $12.2 billion in 2017 before the recent fall of $2 billion which put him at $10.3 billion net worth.
On the list after him is Mr. Mike Adenuga, the Chairman of Globacom who was ranked the second richest person in Africa, with total net worth of $9.2 billion. Unlike Dangote, Adenuga rose from $6.1 billion net worth to $9.2 billion.
According to Forbes: “Altogether the 20 African tycoons are worth $68.7 billion, down from $75.4 billion for last year’s list. However, the average net worth for each list member this year has climbed to $3.4 billion from $3.3 billion in early 2018.